1.5K views

I bought 2 Swanson chicken broths 32 oz. one natural and one 33% low salt.

I went to use one in a stew and when I removed the cap the inside seal was broken. I opened the second one and the same thing was wrong. Is it company policy to ship them with broken seals or is someone tampering with them.

I cannot return them to the store because I shop at several stores, Walmart, Price Chopper, Main Source, Redners and Price Right.The product has a price of about two dollars and I dumped them out. I am concerned as I do love and often use the product

Product or Service Mentioned: Swanson Chicken Broth.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Bought two cases of cans.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 21, 2016.

Comments

If the inner foil breaks when cap is opened, how are we to know that it wasn't already broken? You should be able to see an intact "tamper-proof" seal unbroken to confirm that it is safe.

I have bought great vale chicken broth, the seal was broke. what do you want to do, I get my money. It is bad or good.

The exact thing happened to me this month. I am going to return them They had a strange odir so I did not use them

Holden, Massachusetts, United States #1245101

We just found them same thing. Called company to report and when my wife was reading numbers to the rep on the phone it has message on the top rear cap.

Seal breaks when cap is opened.

It should be all set to use. Saved me trip to store.

to Anonymous Taylors, South Carolina, United States #1302579

I was afraid someone had opened the carton before we got it. Thank you for info...

to Anonymous #1400659

One of mine was obviously torn, but the other 2 were fully opened. I am taking them back to Harris Teeter tomorrow.

to Anonymous #1431573

This was super helpful! Turns out my carton says the same, but I never would have noticed that if I hadn’t read this!